Thursday, February 2, 2012

Days 12(T), 13(W), 14(R): Well That Was A Quick Week

And by "week" I mean "three days." However, these three days were spent without or with extremely limited access to (3:1 respectively):
1. My camera (until Candace lent me her charger!! <3)
2. An OV ChipKaart with a positive or at least neutral balance, despite numerous attempts to reload
3. Temperate weather
4. The Internet.

So in a way, while the last few days somehow passed in a blur, during the process it was a bit more like watching paint dry. Kind of like getting a tooth pulled: at the time it seems to take forever (or at least it did for mine), but when you look back it's all sort of fuzzy and you're not sure how you got from Point A to Point B but obviously it must've happened somehow and here you are, ready or not for the next adventure. Thankfully, my next adventure has nothing to do with dental procedures.

In a matter of hours, I will be waking up with a pack of 8 (maybe 9?) people to head over to Prague. Yup, Prague as in Czech Republic. (And I was finally getting somewhat functional with Dutch...) I'm crazy excited about this, as it's a completely new experience for me and those are always interesting; granted, OSA probably still has doubts about my travel skills from the Venray Incident. Honestly, they should just talk to Sensei, she'd sort them out. Yeah, the speed bumps on my travels tend to occur with a bit more frequency and drama than some, but I usually land on my feet somewhere in the correct vicinity.

For those who are wondering, yes I'm slightly terrified.

However, my bag is successfully packed for the weekend, at a perfect 6 kg (WizzAir only allows 10 kg) with room to spare for squishing under seats or a shirt to start my new collectible project. After much deliberation, I've decided that rather than highly breakable shotglasses or a billion new necklaces, I'll get something with the country flag or coat of arms for each city/province on it, then cut & quilt it all to make a giant blanket. Hopefully I can also find the flags of everywhere that I've lived already, but that part'll have to come later. Looks like someone's going back to Amsterdam for a bit...

As for the last few days, things have been fairly stable: homework's piling up, American Night is magnificent, the potatoes at dinner were great, and oh yeah the moat's frozen over. (Woohoo!) It's cold and my money's making a lovely wooshing sound as it flies away to this country or that weekend, but I also didn't realize how wonderful the Linden's prices were until we came back from Amsterdam. (Small beer at the Linden: €1.70. Standard beer at The 3 Sisters: €5. Gahhh.) It's supposed to be around 15 Degrees F for the weekend, so I'm taking my nice new super-thick scarf and maybe I'll find a hat there. Meanwhile, about 85% of Kasteel Well is heading to Belgium, split between Brussels and Bruges. If they come back without having Leffe, rabbit stew, or far too many pictures of the Manneken Pis, I will be very disappointed.

Well, it is very much past my bedtime; good night and good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment