Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 1 (and a half-ish)

Finally settled into my new room at the Castle! I'm exhausted - a lot of the other students hit the bar (and may have come back while I was napping...) but this whole "start flying on the 19th at 7, fast forward through nighttime and go directly to 7:40am on the 20th, be busy all day" thing is not really conducive with a pub night for me. Thankfully I have a single, so me going to bed uncharacteristically early won't disrupt anyone's plans.

More info tomorrow - for a brief summary, we've already had five abrupt rain/hail squalls, tried Stroopwafel, seen the entire town (and its baby goats), probably the most entertaining experience was Dulcia taking attendance (trust me), and we've only been here a matter of hours. Thankfully, the coffee machine in the VB entrance (my resi hall, part of the original 14th Century castle) was free all day, for various caffeinated concoctions, including such delicacies as "Wienermelange" and "Chocolademelk," so at least we all limped along until dinner. Then some crazies (like myself) dragged ourselves to bed while other crazies dragged themselves out into the world.

Granted, it's an Emerson program, so everyone and everything gets at least a little wacky just based on principle. That's just what we do. (And we thought the weather was testy in Boston!)

No comments:

Post a Comment